Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Quotes of the Month


Vin Scully: I really love baseball. The guys and the game, and I love the challenge of describing things. The only thing I hate - and I know you have to be realistic and pay the bills in this life - is the loneliness on the road.


Ted Williams: "There has always been a saying in baseball that you can't make a hitter, but I think you can improve a hitter. More than you can improve a fielder. More mistakes are made hitting than in any other part of the game."


Yogi Berra: "Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets."


Bob Feller: "My father kept me busy from dawn to dusk when I was a kid. When I wasn't pitching hay, hauling corn or running a tractor, I was heaving a baseball into his mitt behind the barn... If all the parents in the country followed his rule, juvenile delinquency would be cut in half in a year's time."


Babe Ruth: "Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment