Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Quotes of the Month


Ichiro Suzuki: "Chicks who dig home runs aren't the ones who appeal to me. I think there's sexiness in infield hits because they require technique. I'd rather impress the chicks with my technique than with my brute strength. Then, every now and then, just to show I can do that, too, I might flirt a little by hitting one out." Source: New York Times (August 22, 2009)

"I can do that (foul off pitches) intentionally. They were borderline. And I was trying to get the pitcher to make a mistake." Source: Associated Press (June 15, 2002)

"I didn't know I hit that way (.625 with runners in scoring position). Maybe not knowing is my secret. If I chased numbers, maybe I wouldn't have as good results." Source: Seattle Times (May 16, 2001)


Ted Williams: "Hitting is fifty percent above the shoulders." Source: Baseball's Forgotten Basics: A Field Manual And Instructional Dvd (Marc Shoenfelt, Destech Publishers, 03/02/2006, Page 40)

"Hitting is the most important part of the game. It is where the big money is, where much of the status is, and the fan interest." Source: The Science of Hitting (Ted Williams, Fireside Publishers, 03/29/1986, Page 9)


Dizzy Dean: "If Satch (Paige) and I were pitching on the same team, we would clinch the pennant by July fourth and go fishing until World Series time."

"Son, what kind of pitch would you like to miss."

No comments:

Post a Comment